Tuesday, January 29, 2008

2001 Royal Rookies Jake Peavy


Who is this? Padres pitcher Jake Peavy.

What is this? An autograph card from 2001 Royal Rookies High Yield, card HY-05. The card is serial numbered 123/3995.

Where'd I get it? In a large autograph lot bought in an auction a few years back.

How much did it cost? The price for the lot was under a dollar a card.

Why is this so special? This is one of the cards that inspired this blog. Jake won the Cy Young award last year and I was surprised to find I had one of his autograph cards. I got this in a Yahoo auction lot a few years ago, in 2002 or 2003 probably. Somebody was blowing out a lot of autographs cheap and I picked up a lot of over 75 for about 50 bucks. There was a lot of junk in there, but also some gems like this. Sometimes you just get lucky. The card isn't that great looking and it's really hard to see the autograph on top of the dark shirt. It's an auto of a Cy Young winner though and it's serial numbered to boot so I didn't do too badly at all.

No comments: