Friday, April 23, 2010

2009 BBM Jason Botts



Who is this? Jason Botts, currently the first baseman for the Camden Riversharks 


What is this? An autographed card from the 2009 BBM Hokkaido Nippon Ham Fighters set


Where'd I get it? I bought the card on eBay and got it signed last night at the game between the Camden Riversharks and Newark Bears.

How much did it cost? $2.75

Why is this so special? Jason Botts spent some time with the Texas Rangers (and I'll talk about that when I get to posting the other card he signed for me last night.)

But I never really took notice of him until I started seeing the YouTube videos of the cheer songs that the Fighters fans came up with for him.






When he signed with the Camden Riversharks, I decided to try to track down a Fighters card to get signed.

Botts was nice enough to sign the two cards for me before going out to warm up last night, but he wasn't especially talkative. In his first at-bat with Camden, he hit a home run.

His signature bubbled a little bit on this card, but it's not especially noticeable if you're not looking for it.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

Very cool card! It looks like you are off to a good start this year.