Monday, March 1, 2010

2009 Allen & Ginter Koji Uehara

Who is this? Baltimore Orioles pitcher Koji Uehara

What is this? An autograph card from

Where'd I get it? I wrote to Uehara at the Orioles' spring training camp and asked him to sign it. I got it back on Saturday.

How much did it cost? I think the card cost about a quarter last fall.

Why is this so special? After a solid career in the Japanese Central League, Uehara decided to test his skills in America. He signed a tw0-year contract with the Baltimore Orioles before last season began.

Uehara made his major league debut on April 8, 2009, beating the Yankees at Camden Yards. He started 11 more games for the Orioles last year before his season was cut short by an elbow injury. He finished with a 2-4 record and a 4.05 ERA.

Uehara will be pitching out of the bullpen this season, a role he was used in later in his career in Japan.

I got the "Koji 19" version of Uehara's autograph on this card as well, but it's a little clearer than the one I posted yesterday.

No comments: