Saturday, June 14, 2008

Harry Spilman


Who is this? Astros first baseman Harry Spilman.

What is this? An autographed 1984 Donruss card, number 258.

Where'd I get it? Out of a huge lot from Yahoo! auctions.

How much did it cost? Less than a buck.

Why is this so special? I don't have a heck of a lot to say about 'ol Harry. He was a bench player at best during his 12 year career. I don't remember this guy at all from his playing days and can't really think of anything to say about him. He's from Albany Georgia, and he currently is the hitting coach for the Nashville Sounds. He probably has a card in the Sounds' 2007 team set if you're a fan. Only five bucks and you get a Ryan Braun too, not a bad deal! I went to a bunch of Sounds games when I lived up in Nashville and it looks like they did a cool revamp of their logo. Hopefully they kept the big guitar scoreboard. Harry is also the best pinch hitter in R.B.I. Baseball for all you 8-bit aficionados. The signature is damn hard to read in the scan but the way Harry is signed so it looks kind of like an upside down 41 is pretty nifty looking. It's not certified, and I don't even remember who the guy is, it's probably worth less than your average '84 Donruss common, but what the heck it's an autograph. Do YOU have an autograph of Harry Spilman?

1 comment:

AlbuqwirkE said...

I do... several.

Harry wears awesome belt buckles too.