Thursday, June 26, 2008

2008 Upper Deck Joel Peralta


Who is this? Royals pitcher Joel Peralta.

What is this? An autograph card from 2008 Upper Deck, card number SS-JP

Where'd I get it? Sports Card Alley.

How much did it cost? Two dollars.

Why is this so special? I got this card for 2 reasons: I thought it was a rookie auto, and it was from 2008 so if the guy was stuck in low A-ball or something there would be time for him to improve. Boy was I wrong. Joel is actually a 32 year old middle reliever for the Royals and he's kind of stunk up the joint this year. He was optioned to Triple-A Omaha after blowing a couple of saves but pitched well and got called back up on the 23rd. That doesn't change the fact that he's a middle reliever for the Royals. This is a nice freaking signature though, featuring a little swirly flourish encapsulating Joel's uniform number.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I buy this card from you? or where can I get one?

dayf said...

You can probably get one off eBay if you look hard enough. I'd be willing to trade it if I haven't done so already. I know a few Royals fans and I may have sent it out to someone. My e-mail is in the profile.