Sunday, September 26, 2010

2010 Trenton Thunder Daniel Brewer



Who is this? Trenton Thunder outfielder Daniel Brewer
What is this? An autographed card from the 2010 Trenton Thunder team set
Where'd I get it? Before a Trenton Thunder game this summer.
How much did it cost? The team set was $10.

Why is this so special? The Yankees selected Brewer in the 8th round of the 2008 draft, and he's been steadily moving through the farm system. In 136 games with Trenton this year, he batted .270 /.346 /.407 with 10 home runs and 84 RBI while stealing 29 bases.

I don't particularly remember getting this autograph. The day I tried to collect signatures from Trenton Thunder players, I was starting to get sick and I probably had a low-grade fever by the time we left the ballpark. If it weren't for my friends identifying the Thunder players as they came out on the field or out of the stadium after the game, I wouldn't have gotten any cards signed that day. (Of course, if I had been on my own, I probably would have been smart enough to stay home. :) )

Brewer's autograph is pretty much just a scribbled "DB 8"

3 comments:

Orioles Magic said...

Because they are a Yankees affiliate, I would assume that many more people try to graph them than other Minor League teams. Would you say that sounds right?

Paul Hadsall said...

Except for the weekend that the Trenton team sets come out, most of the collectors prefer to try for the visiting players. They do attract more collectors than the indy league teams, but probably no more on average than any other AA/AAA team.

Trenton is solidly in Phillies territory, and there are still a significant number of Boston fans that go. The Yankees influence isn't as big as it would be if they were further north.

zman40 said...

I went to a SWB Yankees game last year and there was about three people graphing the visiting team with me. I didn't bother going to the Yankee side because there was way too many people.

I don't know about the team set coming out that week or anything, but I do know that it wasn't given out that night. The only rehabber was Demaso Marte.