Sunday, September 19, 2010

2007 Bowman Heritage Jim Fasano



Who is this? Kansas City T-Bones outfielder Jim Fasano
What is this? An autographed card from the 2007 Bowman Heritage set
Where'd I get it? This is another one of the cards Zach sent me earlier this summer. I imagine that he got it signed at a Northern League game.

Why is this so special? I wasn't familiar with Fasano until I looked him up on the internet. I was a little disappointed to learn that he is not related to former major league backup catcher Sal Fasano. On the plus side, Jim Fasano is a New Jersey native, though he now resides in Pennsylvania during the off-season.

Fasano was drafted by the Texas Rangers in the 9th round of the 2004 draft. He spent four seasons in their farm system, reaching AA in his final season of affiliated baseball.

In 2008, Fasano joined the Kansas City T-Bones in the Northern League. He was named the Most Outstanding Player in the playoffs that year. He has played there for the past three seasons. He hit .319 with 20 home runs and 78 RBI this year.

I'm glad I don't have to play "Spot the Signature" with this one - I see a "G," an "l," and an "f" -- none which would help me identify it.

No comments: