Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2007 Topps 52 Hunter Pence



Who is this? Houston Astros outfielder Hunter Pence
What is this? An autographed card from the 2007 Topps 52 set
Where'd I get it? I purchased it from Anthony of Mike Pelfrey Collectibles when he decided to sell his collection last year.


Why is this so special? In 2008, I decided that I would try to collect a signed baseball card set. I chose the 2007 Topps 52 set because it had a classic design, was relatively small and only included players who were entering their second year of major league service. Even that proved to be too difficult... I haven't worked on the project actively since 2008, but I still pick up cards from it when I get the chance.

Pence made his major league debut in 2007 and finished third in the National League Rookie of the Year balloting to Ryan Braun and Troy Tulowitzki. He's been a regular in the Astros lineup ever since and was named to the All-Star team in 2009.

Pence has a surprisingly legible autograph for a modern player.

2 comments:

AlbuqwirkE said...

Hey Paul,

I have a nice selection of tradeables from my collection if you have any duplicate autographed cards from this set.

Kris

http://www.aardvarktradingco.com/trade-topps-52s-ip-autos-4-trade.html

Paul Hadsall said...

Thanks Kris, but I don't think I still have any duplicates from the set.