Sunday, January 30, 2011

1995 Fleer Rookie Exchange Set Brian Boehringer



Who is this? former New York Yankees pitcher Brian Boehringer
What is this? An autographed card from the 1995 Fleer Rookie Exchange Set
Where'd I get it? Boehringer signed it for me at the MAB Celebrity Services Pinstripe Passion show in Secaucus yesterday.
How much did it cost? $10


Why is this so special? I wrote about Brian Boehringer for Dec. 22, 2010.

This card is one of nine in a rookie mail-away set produced by Fleer in 1995. It included Edgardo Alfonzo and 1996 NL Rookie of the Year Todd Hollandsworth, but Fleer did not choose a bunch of future stars. I bought my set for a quarter at a baseball card show in 2008, mainly for the Alfonzo card.

When I looked through the cards, I realized that I'd seen 5 of the 9 players in the Atlantic League after their major league careers ended. I was able to get Alfonzo and Frank Rodriguez to sign their cards before or after Newark Bears games, but Boehringer, Darren Bragg and Brad Clontz were long out of the league.

After getting Boehringer's autograph, I now have a third of the set signed.

No comments: