Wednesday, June 9, 2010

2008 TriStar Projections Barry Enright


Who is this? Mobile Bay Bears pitcher Barry Enright
 
What is this? An autograph card from the 2008 TriStar Projections set
 
Where'd I get it? I pulled it out of a discount blaster box
 
How much did it cost? I bought a box of 2008 Projects and 2008 Prospects Plus that were shrink wrapped together on closeout in the Newark Bears gift shop for $10.
 
Why is this so special? Barry Enright was the second round pick of the Arizona Diamondbacks in the 2007 draft. A starting pitcher, he's shown some promise at every level.

In his second year with Mobile, Enright is 4-1 with a 3.07 ERA in 11 games so far. The Diamondbacks honored him as their top minor league pitcher for the month of May.


I'm not a big fan of Enright's "autograph", which is just "B y E _ t." I'm betting his signature is very nice, when he signs his full name instead of just a few letters.

No comments: