Wednesday, June 2, 2010

2008 St. Lucie Mets Hector Pellot


Who is this? St. Lucie Mets infielder Hector Pellot

What is this? An autographed card from the 2008 St. Lucie Mets team set

Where'd I get it? I got it signed before a game between the Binghamton Mets and Trenton Thunder last month.

How much did it cost? I think I spent between $8-$10 for the team set.



Why is this so special? Hector Pellot was the Mets 4th round draft pick in 2005. I remember being at a Mets game at Shea Stadium in 2005 and seeing this skinny kid in a Mets jersey on the field during batting practice. Team officials took photos as he met countryman Carlos Beltran, and Pedro Martinez later came over to greet the kid.

Five years later, Pellot is still in single A ball and he'd never quite managed to put his offensive game together. Pellot is only 23, but time is running out for him to live up to the potential that the Mets saw when they drafted him. I'm pulling for him to succeed.

For a modern ballplayer, Pellot has a pretty sharp looking autograph.

1 comment:

Orioles Magic said...

I really like that card. What a great looking minor league team set as well as autograph.