Monday, June 7, 2010

2008 Razor Signature Series Brad Holt


Who is this? Binghamton Mets pitcher Brad Holt
 
What is this? An autographed card from the 2008 Razor Signature Series
 
Where'd I get it? I got it signed before a game between the Binghamton Mets and Trenton Thunder last month.
 
How much did it cost? The card cost around $1, if I remember correctly.

Why is this so special? Until the Mets selected UNC pitcher Matt Harvey with the 7th overall pick in the MLB Draft tonight, Holt was the last first-rounder they chose. He was the Mets third first-round pick in 2008, a supplemental selection obtained because the Atlanta Braves had signed Tom Glavine as a free agent.

Holt progressed quickly through the Mets system until he reached AA. In his second year at Binghamton, the 23-year-old right-hander is 1-4 with a 9.38 ERA and a 2.208 WHIP in 8 starts.

On the plus side, I think Holt has better handwriting than I do. :)

No comments: