Friday, January 1, 2010

2008 Long Island Ducks Damian Rolls


Who is this?
Damian Rolls, a former infielder with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays

What is this? An autographed card from the 2008 Long Island Ducks team set

Where'd I get it? I got it signed before a Newark Bears game in 2008

How much did it cost? The team set was around $8

Why is this so special? Damian Rolls, a former first-round draft pick of the Los Angeles Dodgers, played 266 games in the major leagues between 200-2004. Since then, he continued to play in the minor leagues and eventually independent ball.

After a half-season in Bridgeport in 2006 and two years with the Long Island Ducks, Rolls played in the Northern League for Kansas City this season.

He's got a beautiful autograph, which is signed in green because I was trying to coordinate with the Ducks' team colors.

Happy New Year! I hope that 2010 is much kinder to everyone than 2009.

3 comments:

zman40 said...

When I was 14, I played against Damian in the Kansas American Legion state tournament. I didn't realize how good he was until he got drafted by the Dodgers. To this day, I still don't remember him from that game, but I sure know his name.

I met him this summer in KC and I made sure not to mention that game to him since he had played so many more since then.

Anonymous said...

That's cool that you got to play against a future major leaguer.

Maroussia said...

It will be great to watch Tampa Bay Rays,i have bought tickets from http://ticketfront.com/event/Tampa_Bay_Rays-tickets looking forward to it.