Monday, January 25, 2010

1991 Leaf Mike Macfarlane


Who is this?
Mike Macfarlane, a former catcher for the Kansas City Royals, Boston Red Sox and Oakland Athletics

What is this? An autograph card from the 1991 Leaf set

Where'd I get it? Zach from Autographed Cards got it signed for me at the Kansas City Royals fanfest earlier this month

How much did it cost? I bought a wax box of 1991 Leaf cards for $8 a few years ago. I still have a ton of them.

Why is this so special? Mike Macfarlane had a solid major league career. He played for 13 seasons, and has caught the most games in Royals history. He retired with a .252 lifetime average, 129 home runs and 514 RBI.

Mike Macfarlane does not have the neatest autograph in the world, but with my penmanship I shouldn't really complain. :)

1 comment:

zman40 said...

Paul, you have the best penmanship in the blogosphere. Everytime I get something from you, I am amazed at your perfect cursive.