Friday, July 1, 2011

2004 Upper Deck Vince Wilfork


Who is this? New England Patriots' three-time Pro Bowl Defensive Lineman Vince Wilfork.
What is this? An autograph card from 2004 Upper Deck.
Where'd I get it? I got this card signed at the Patriots' Training Camp in Foxboro(ugh), MA in 2005. (Normal people spell it Foxboro, snooty residents spell it Foxborough)
How much did it cost? I think I paid about a buck for it on eBay in 2004.

Why is this so special? Vince Wilfork has been one of the best and most important players on the New England Patriots since he was drafted in 2004. Wilfork was on the Patriots Super Bowl winning team in 2004 and has made the Pro Bowl three times. But, what makes Vince even more impressive in my mind is his community involvement and his treatment of fans. While many Patriots stars avoid fans and signing autographs as much as possible, Vince continues to be a great signer during Training Camp and holds many charitable events each year to raise money for Joslin Diabetes Center and The Diabetes Research Center at the University of Miami.

Wilfork's signature is clear and looks nice against his orange University of Miani uniform on the card. Of the handful of Vince autographs that I have, I think that this may be my favorite because it takes up the whole card and does not get obscured by the blue Patriots uniform.

No comments: