Friday, March 11, 2011

2010 New Hampshire Fisher Cats Ralph Dickenson



Who is this? Ralph Dickenson, former New Hampshire Fisher Cats hitting coach
What is this? An autographed 2010 New Hampshire Fisher Cats team set card
Where'd I get it? Dickenson signed it before a game in Trenton last year.
How much did it cost? The team set was around $10.

Why is this so special? In another week or so, I should be wrapping up the Fisher Cats cards I got signed last year. That team was really nice about signing autographs.

Dickenson played minor league baseball in the Minnesota Twins organization for six years before joining the college coaching ranks. He has also been a minor league manager and hitting coach for a number organizations. Dickenson will be a member of the Dunedin Blue Jays coaching staff in 2011 (thanks for the tip, Sumosid!)

He runs Torque-It-Up Hitting, which offers hitting lessons in Gilbert, Arizona.

The Fisher Cats cards are not the best for autographs because a large number of them feature players wearing dark jerseys. I tried getting some signed in silver, but it wasn't really much of an improvement.

2 comments:

Sumosid said...

Dunedin Blue Jays 2011 Coaching Staff
Manager: Clayton McCullough
Hitting Coach: Ralph Dickenson
Pitching Coach: Darold Knowles

I still need him for my 2005 (or is it 2006?) Trenton Thunder team set.

Anonymous said...

Thanks - I was wondering if he'd been reassigned, but I didn't have a chance to look before this got posted.

- Paul