Monday, May 31, 2010

2006 Topps Heritage Nook Logan


Who is this? Newark Bears outfielder Nook Logan
 
What is this? An autographed card from the 2006 Topps Heritage set
 
Where'd I get it? I got it signed before a Newark Bears game earlier this month
 
How much did it cost? I'm not sure, but I'd guess around a quarter for the card.
 
Why is this so special? Nook Logan spent parts of four seasons in the major leagues with the Detroit Tigers and the Washington Nationals. Speed, not power, was Logan's biggest asset. Unfortunately, Logan didn't get on base often enough to take full advantage of it.

Logan was named in the Mitchell report in December 2007, and hasn't played a game in the majors since. He spent time with the Long Island Ducks in 2008 before playing for the Bears this season.

Logan's autograph is just a quick "initials" version, since he signed my card while reaching over a rail & trying to hang onto his bats at the same time.

No comments: