Monday, May 10, 2010

2001 Upper Deck Victory Toshihisa Nishi


Who is this? Lancaster Barnstormers second baseman Toshihisa Nishi
 
What is this? An autographed card from the 2001 Upper Deck Victory set

Where'd I get it? I got it signed before a doubleheader between the Lancaster Barnstormers and Newark Bears last month
 
How much did it cost? The card cost $2.50.

Why is this so special? I wrote about Toshihisa Nishi last week, when I posted the other card he signed for me. In 12 games for Lancaster this season, Nishi is hitting .163 (7-for-43) with a double, a home run and 10 strikeouts. I guess he probably won't be getting signed by an affiliated team anytime soon, which is a little bit sad.

You can't really tell from the scans, but the Japanese Upper Deck Victory cards are a bit unusual. They're just a tiny bit smaller than a standard baseball card and they have rounded corners.

I really can't read Nishi's signature, but I think he did a better job of rendering his name in the Roman alphabet than I could do writing mine in Katakana. I just wish he'd left his uniform number off, or written number 8 like he is clearly wearing on the card.

No comments: