Sunday, January 18, 2009

2007 Topps 1952 Rookies Felix Pie




Who is this?
Outfielder Felix Pie, who was traded from the Cubs to the Orioles today.

What is this? An autograph card from the 2007 Topps 1952-style rookies set.

Where'd I get it? One of my trading partners got it signed for me at a minor league game last season.

How much did it cost? Not much. The cards came out of a retail pack.

Why is this so special? Pie was once considered the Cubs' top prospect, and he may still live up to the potential that they saw in him. I'm just amused by his name. :)

The 1952 Topps card design is a classic, and I love the image on this card -- awkward smile and all. Pie's penmanship is not the greatest, but the presumably rushed ballpark signature is a pretty good match for the facscimilie signature on the card.