Thursday, July 8, 2010

2004 Upper Deck Team USA Scott Spiezio


Who is this? Newark Bears infielder Scott Spiezio
 
What is this? An autographed card from Upper Deck's 2004 Team USA 25th Anniversary set
 
Where'd I get it? Spiezio signed it for me before a Newark Bears game earlier this year.
 
How much did it cost? I traded a duplicate card with another autograph collector at the ballpark
 
Why is this so special? Scott Spiezio spent 12 seasons in the major leagues and won two World Series rings, with the 2002 Angels and the 2006 Cardinals. He is the son of former major leaguer Ed Spiezio.

I've never seen another picture of Spiezio without his silly beard, so this card amuses me. Although it smeared a little, Spiezio's signature here looks a lot nicer than the one on the card I posted yesterday.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

That's a great picture. Maybe, when he gets older, he will not sign cards that do not picture him with facial hair. He will be the oppisite of Tippy Martinez.

I love autographed USA cards. Nice work Paul!