Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2010 New Hampshire Fisher Cats Zach Stewart



Who is this? Toronto Blue Jays prospect Zach Stewart
What is this? A signed card from the 2010 New Hampshire Fisher Cats team set
Where'd I get it? Stewart signed it after a game in Trenton last year.
How much did it cost? I think the unsigned team set was around $10

Why is this so special? Zach Stewart was the number one ranked prospect in the Blue Jays system last year, though he slipped to the number five spot on this year's list.

In 26 starts at AA, the 24-year-old righthander was 8-3 with a 3.63 ERA last season. I was not familiar with Stewart when I saw the Fisher Cats last year - I knew about Kyle Drabek and some of the minor league veterans who were helping to fill out the roster.

The other autograph collectors waiting after the game seemed more excited about getting Stewart's autograph than anybody else. I'm not sure if it was because he was a tougher signer or that big of a prospect. I appreciate him taking the time to sign for everybody, but I'm glad I don't have to decipher his signature.

No comments: