Tuesday, March 29, 2011

2001 Fleer Triple Crown Talmadge Nunnari



Who is this? Former Montreal Expos infielder Talmadge Nunnari 
What is this? An autographed 2001 Fleer Triple Crown card
Where'd I get it? I received it from Zach of Autographed Cards, who likely got it signed at some point last year at an American Association game.

 Why is this so special? I'm not completely sure, but given my inability to identify the set without searching online, I'd say this is the only 2001 Fleer Triple Crown card in my collection.

Nunnari was a first baseman who did a better job getting on base than hitting for power. In 8 minor league seasons, he hit a total of 30 home runs. Nunnari did earn a major league call up from the Montreal Expos in 2000. He had one hit in 12 at-bats, a single off of Florida Marlins pitcher A.J. Burnett.

Nunnari last played in 2004, according to Baseball-Reference. Last season, he managed the Pensacola Pelicans in the American Association.

Almost a year ago, Nunnari shared some thoughts about baseball cards with Bo of Baseball Cards Come To Life.

I would never manage to decipher Nunnari's autograph.

No comments: