Saturday, March 26, 2011

1994 Signature Rookies Paul Spoljaric



Who is this? Former Toronto Blue Jays pitcher Paul Spoljaric
What is this? An autographed insert card from the 1994 Signature Rookies set
Where'd I get it? Purchased from a dealer at the local card show
How much did it cost? 50 cents.

Why is this so special? I admit I purchased Spoljaric's card mostly because we share the same first name.

If I was paying more attention to baseball in the late 1990s, I might remember Spoljaric - he was a middle reliever for the Toronto Blue Jays and Seattle Mariners, and made a few appearances for the Kansas City Royals and Philadelphia Phillies. In total, he appeared in 195 major league games between 1994 and 2000.

Spoljaric represented Canada in the 2004 Olympics.

I think it's interesting that "Paul" is written so clearly, but Spoljaric's last name sort of devolves into a condensed scribble. Again, I cannot imagine signing 8000+ cards.

No comments: