Thursday, March 31, 2011

2009 Somerset Patriots Teuris Olivares



Who is this? former Somerset Patriots infielder Teuris Olivares
What is this? An autographed card from the Somerset Patriots 2009 team set.
Where'd I get it? Oilvares signed it for me last September before the final Newark Bears home "game" of the season. (It got rained out after an inning or two were played.)

Why is this so special? Since the 2011 baseball season will officially begin in a few hours, I wanted to make sure I posted the final autograph I got at the ballpark in 2010.

Teuris Olivares signed with the New York Yankees as an undrafted free agent in 1995. He spent 9 seasons in their farm system. Since 2005, he's played in the Atlantic League, primarily with the Somerset Patriots.

When I went to Patriots games, I usually took the train - there's a NJ Transit station just beyond the outfield wall. Occasionally, I'd run into Olivares there before or after the games.

He's got an interesting autograph - it leaves out a bunch of letters, but you can read the ones that are there.

No comments: