Monday, February 7, 2011

2010 Lancaster Barnstormers Joe Gaetti





Who is this? Lancaster Barnstormers outfielder Joe Gaetti
What is this? An autographed card from the 2010 Lancaster Barnstormers team set
Where'd I get it? Gaetti signed it for me at a Newark Bears game last year.
How much did it cost? I got the team set for around $5, if I remember correctly.

Why is this so special? I haven't posted too many cards I got signed myself lately (other than the ones I paid to get signed at an autograph show last month.)

Gaetti is the son of former Minnesota Twins third baseman Gary Gaetti. At this point, it doesn't look like Joe will be anywhere near as successful as his father as a baseball player. Joe was selected in the 12th round of the 2003 draft by the Colorado Rockies. He remained in that organization through 2007 and made it as far as AAA.

Since then, he's played affiliated ball for the Oakland, Minnesota, Tampa Bay and Texas organizations, as well as independent league ball in the Northern and Atlantic Leagues. Last year, Gaetti hit .218 with 14 home runs and 46 RBI in 118 games for the Lancaster Barnstormers. I'm not sure where (or if) Joe will be playing ball in 2011.

Gaetti took his time with his autograph, but his "J" and "G" look remarkably similar to me.

3 comments:

zman40 said...

For a modern signature, it does have some style to it.

Orioles Magic said...

That is really nice autograph. Also, the O's just signed him to a Minor League contract, so if you have any unsigned cards of his, I'd gladly take them off of your hands.

Paul Hadsall said...

Cool. Gaetti seemed like a nice guy, so I'm glad he's getting another shot in affiliated ball.

I don't think I had any of his cards except for the ones I've posted on this blog, but I'll double check this weekend, Ryan.