Sunday, February 27, 2011

2006 Topps 52 Rookies Tim Hamulack





Who is this? Lancaster Barnstormers relief pitcher Tim Hamulack
What is this? An autographed card from one of the Topps 52 Rookies sets... I think it's from the 2006 one.  Where'd I get it? Hamulack signed it for me before a Newark Bears game last year.
How much did it cost? If it's a 2006 card, I probably spent a quarter for it. If it's from 2007, I probably got it out of a pack.


Why is this so special? Hamulack, a 32nd round draft pick, spent nine seasons in the minor leagues with 5 different organizations before finally making his major league debut with the Mets in 2005. During that off-season, he was included in a trade to the Los Angeles Dodgers that brought Duaner Sanchez to New York.

Hamulack got most of his major league experience with the Dodgers in 2006, appearing in 33 games. Since then, Hamulack has pitched for minor league or independent league teams. Last season, he was 6-5 with 11 saves and a 2.35 ERA for the Lancaster Barnstormers in the Atlantic League. I'm not sure where (or if) Hamulack will be playing in 2011.

Hamulack's ballpark autograph doesn't differ much from the facsimile signature on the card.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

Nice one. I got that same card signed while Tim was pitching for Omaha.