Saturday, February 26, 2011

2009 Camden Riversharks Kyle Haines





Who is this? Camden Riversharks infielder Kyle Haines
What is this? An autographed card from the 2009 Camden Riversharks team set
Where'd I get it? Haines signed it for me at a Newark Bears game last year
How much did it cost? I think the team set cost $5 or $6, but I really don't remember.


Why is this so special? This scan has been sitting on my computer since last June, so it's time to post it.

Haines was selected by the San Francisco Giants in the 31st round of the 2004 draft. He played in their farm system for five seasons, advancing as far as AA ball. In 2009, Haines spent time in the Indians organization and with the Camden Riversharks in the independent Atlantic League.

Haines spent the full season in Camden in 2010, hitting .254 with 1 home rune and 23 RBI in 358 at-bats. I'm not sure where (or if) Haines will be playing in 2011.

He's got a very nice autograph, particularly for a signature obtained at the ballpark.

No comments: