Thursday, February 24, 2011

2009 Tacoma Rainiers Doug Fister





Who is this? Seattle Mariners pitcher Doug Fister
What is this? An autographed card from the 2009 Tacoma Rainiers team set
Where'd I get it? I wrote to Fister this spring and asked him to sign it. I got it back a week & a half later.
How much did it cost? Just postage.

Why is this so special? After a 3-4 rookie season, Fister spent most of the 2010 season in Seattle's starting rotation. He finished the year with a 6-14 record, but he didn't really pitch that badly - he had an ERA of 4.11 and walked just 32 in 171 innings. He should be part of Seattle's rotation again in 2011.

Fister has a unique signature - I've never seen a capital "F" quite like that.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

That "F" looks more like a smiley face (or sad one) than anything else.

Paul Hadsall said...

It does remind me of a face.