Thursday, July 29, 2010

2009 Binghamton Mets Rodrick Merritt



Who is this? Binghamton Mets pitcher Roydrick Merritt

What is this? An autographed card from the 2009 Binghamton Mets team set

Where'd I get it? Merritt signed it after a game in Trenton earlier this year.

How much did it cost? The team set was less than $10.

Why is this so special? Roydrick Merritt does not seem to enjoy signing autographs. I suspect the only reason that I was able to get this card signed is because he was in a good mood because he had just learned that he was being promoted to AAA. The other times I've seen him, he ignored everybody who asked.

My other memory of Merritt is watching him surrender a walk-off homer to light-hitting backup catcher Jose Gil on Mother's Day last year.

I can make out an "R" and an "M," but I'm not sure what the other squiggles in Merritt's autograph represent.

No comments: