Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2007 Topps 52 Rookies Luis Hernandez


Who is this? Binghamton Mets infielder Luis Hernandez  

What is this? An autographed card from the 2007 Topps 52 Rookies set.

Where'd I get it? Hernandez signed it for me after a game in Trenton earlier this year.

How much did it cost? Maybe a quarter, or maybe it came out of a pack.

Why is this so special? After spending time in the major leagues in each of the past three seasons, Hernandez is now providing minor league depth for the New York Mets organization. He played for Baltimore in 2007 and 2008, and was a Kansas City Royal for a time last year.


I can make our Luis' first name, but I'm not sure what's going on with his last name. It's an interesting-looking autograph.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

I got three cards signed by him at one time last year and each one looks a little different. Between my three and your's, I like this one the best. One of mine looks like it is signed by an 80-year old Luis.

I would have preferred that the Royals front office had held onto Luis for the remainder of last season instead of trading for Yuni Betancourt, but what do I know?

Orioles Magic said...

Ah Luis. He does have a pretty cool graph. Very smooth.