Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2010 Topps Pro Debut Collin Cowgill



Who is this? Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Collin Cowgill
What is this? A signed 2010 Topps Pro Debut card
Where'd I get it? I wrote to Cowgill at the beginning of July and asked him to sign it; I got it back on Monday.
How much did it cost? I got the card out of a box that cost approximately $30 last winter

Why is this so special? Cowgill came to my attention for his somewhat unusual name. When I looked him up online, I saw that he was having a great year for Reno in the Pacific Coast League. He hit for the cycle in June, and was batting .354 with 13 home runs and 70 RBI in 98 Triple A games when the Diamondbacks called him up.

Last night, he made his big league debut and went 0-for-4 with two strikeouts. Hopefully he has better days ahead of him.

Cowgill has a loopy signature, and not much is readable beyond his initials. The silver pen was an interesting choice. Still, I'm happy to have this autograph in my collection.

No comments: