Monday, September 13, 2010

2010 Topps National Chicle Ian Desmond



Who is this? Washington Nationals shortstop Ian Desmond
What is this? An autograph insert card from Topps National Chicle
Where'd I get it? I bought it at the local card show
How much did it cost? Around $5, I think.

Why is this so special? You've probably heard of Ian Desmond, unlike the Brooklyn Cyclones guys I've been posting for the last week.

Desmond was a third-round pick by the Montreal Expos in 2004. He made his major league debut with the Washington Nationals last year, and this year he beat out Cristian Guzman for the starting shortstop job.

While Desmond has not had a good year in the field, he has shown promise at the plate. For a rookie shortstop, .281-9-58 isn't bad.

Desmond's autograph is just "Ian D." I wouldn't mind if I got this signature at the ballpark, but it's a bit disappointing for something from a paid signing.

No comments: