Sunday, September 5, 2010

2010 Topps Daniel Hudson



Who is this? Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Daniel Hudson
What is this? An autographed card from the 2010 Topps set
Where'd I get it? I wrote to Hudson last month and got this card back about two weeks later
How much did it cost? Around a dollar, mostly for postage.


Why is this so special? Until Aug. 1, I'd never really paid any attention to Daniel Hudson. He was the Chicago White Sox 5th round pick in 2008, and one year later he was making his major league debut -- maybe I should have.

Hudson came to the National League in a deadline deal that sent Edwin Jackson from the Arizona Diamondbacks to the White Sox. I saw Hudson make his Arizona debut on Aug. 1 when I went to the Mets Hall of Fame induction day game. He pitched well and got the win. He also got his first major league hit - a single off reliever Elmer Dessens that drove in a pair of runs.

In 7 games, Hudson has a 4-1 record and a 1.99 ERA for the Diamondbacks.

Hudson has a fairly clear autograph, and was nice enough to personalize the card to me.

No comments: