Saturday, September 25, 2010

2004 Bowman Chrome Josh Wahpepah



Who is this? Kansas City T-Bones pitcher Josh Wahpepah
What is this? An autographed card from the 2004 Bowman Chrome set
Where'd I get it? From Zach, who probably got it signed at a T-Bones game


Why is this so special? Josh Wahpepah is a fun name. The Milwaukee Brewers selected him in the third round of the 2004 draft, but he never got past AA ball. His record in Minor League Baseball was 28-28 with a 4.23 ERA.

This year, Wahpepah ended up in independent baseball, pitching for the Kansas City T-Bones. I'd like to tell you how he did, but the T-Bones website didn't want to show me any stats when I was writing this.

Wahpepah signed his initials... I'm not sure if that was because of the available space on the card or if it's a normal time-saving move.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I don't know what happened to Josh this year. I got that card signed in Wichita before a preseason game. By the time I made it to KC in July, he wasn't on the Bones roster.