Tuesday, September 21, 2010

2006 Choice New Hampshire Fisher Cats Manny Mayorson



Who is this? New Hampshire Fisher Cats infielder Manny Mayorson
What is this? An autographed card from the 2006 New Hampshire Fisher Cats team set
Where'd I get it? Mayorson "signed" it for me before a game in Trenton earlier this year.
How much did it cost? I got the team set for a buck or two, plus shipping.

Why is this so special? This is easily the worst looking "autograph" I've gotten this season, and one of the worst in my collection.

Then again, I can understand why Mayorson might not be that into signing autographs any more. This season was his 11th in pro baseball, and the fourth that he's spent time with the Fisher Cats. He began the 2010 season already in the top five for most hits & most games played in franchise history.

It's nice to hold records, but those are not the ones you aspire to if you're a pro ball player.In 54 games this year, Mayorson hit .316 with no home runs and 23 RBI. He also played in 43 games for Las Vegas, hitting .333 with one home run and 19 RBI.

Here's his 2010 Fisher Cats card.

No comments: