Thursday, May 27, 2010

2008 Bowman Luke Montz


Who is this? Binghamton Mets catcher Luke Montz

What is this? An autographed card from the 2008 Bowman set

Where'd I get it? I got it signed after a game between the Binghamton Mets and Trenton Thunder earlier this month

How much did it cost? I think the card cost a quarter.

Why is this so special? Luke Montz had a cup of coffee with the Washington Nationals in 2008, but he signed a minor league contract with the Mets organization at the beginning of this season. Montz was assigned to AA Binghamton, where he played in 17 games before getting hurt.

After the game, Montz stopped to sign autographs for the fans who asked him. I thanked him for signing my card, and he thanked me for asking him. That's something that happens maybe once every two or three years, if that often.

Montz has a legible signature, but it really doesn't look much like the facsimile autograph on his Bowman card.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

That's funny that he thanked you. I'm not sure that has ever happened to me. I've gotten quizzical "me?" responses, but never a thank you.