Saturday, May 22, 2010

1975 Topps Ellie Rodriguez



Who is this? Former major league catcher Ellie Rodriguez

What is this? An autographed card from the 1975 Topps set

Where'd I get it? I got it signed before Thursday's doubleheader between the Newark Bears and Bridgeport Bluefish.

How much did it cost? I think that I got the card in a quarter bin during the off-season.

Why is this so special? Ellie Rodriguez was an original Kansas City Royal, a two-time American League All-Star and the catcher for Nolan Ryan's fourth no-hitter.

Rodriguez is now a player development consultant for the Atlantic League.

I find it very interesting that Rodriguez's autograph is so similar to the facsimile signature on the 1975 Topps card. I think my handwriting has changed more in ten years than his has in 35.

No comments: