Monday, May 17, 2010

1989 Fleer Update Todd Zeile


Who is this? Former St. Louis Cardinals catcher Todd Zeile  

What is this? A signed card from the 1989 Fleer Update set

Where'd I get it? I found it in the dollar box at this month's card show
 
How much did it cost? $1

Why is this so special? I'm hoping that I got a Todd Zeile autograph for a buck, but I really haven't had a chance to look into it yet. The signature on this card looks very similar to some that are for sale on eBay, and significantly different from others.

Zeile began and ended his 16-year major league career as a catcher, but he spent more time at third base than any other position. Zeile played for 11 different teams, but appeared in the most games for Cardinals.

He retired with a .265 batting average, 2004 hits, 253 home runs and 1110 RBI. Zeile ended his career in memorable fashion -- he hit a home run in his final at-bat

No comments: