Sunday, February 21, 2010

2009 Portland Sea Dogs Dustin Richardson


Who is this?
Dustin Richardson, a Boston Red Sox prospect

What is this? An autograph card from the 2009 Portland Sea Dogs team set

Where'd I get it? I wrote to Richardson c/o his Arizona Fall League team and asked him to sign some cards. I got them back last week.

How much did it cost? This card was a gift from one of my friends, so it was free.

Why is this so special? Dustin Richardson was nice enough to sign a bunch of cards for me, and this is the final one. It's also the last new autograph I have to show off... hopefully the mail will bring some more next week.

In 2009, Richardson returned to the bullpen and had a better year. In 38 games with the Sea Dogs, he had a 2-2 record, a 2.48 ERA and 80 strikeouts in 63.1 innings. He spent a short time in AAA Pawtucket and earned a September cup of coffee with the Red Sox.

I like the photo used on this card. It captures the moment as the ball left Richardson's hand. The autograph, like the others, is a little scribbly. I can't complain, though. Richardson was extremely generous to sign my three cards and include an extra one on his own.

No comments: