Friday, February 12, 2010

1991 Classic Draft Picks Aaron Sele

Who is this? Aaron Sele, a retired major league pitcher

What is this? An autographed card from the 1991 Classic Draft Picks set

Where'd I get it? From a blog reader

How much did it cost? About $2

Why is this so special? Aaron Sele had a nice major league career, winning 148 games over 15 years. He made his big league debut with the Red Sox in 1993, winning 7 games an earning some consideration for the Rookie of the Year award despite appearing in only 18 games.

Sele was an All-Star for the Texas Rangers in 1998 and the Seattle Mariners in 2000. He finished his career as a long reliever for the New York Mets in 2007.

Sele's autograph is not very legible, but I suppose I can understand considering how many he's probably signed over the years.

1 comment:

zman40 said...

I couldn't help think about this when I saw the post.

Sweet card!!