Saturday, February 20, 2010

2008 Portland Sea Dogs Dustin Richardson


Who is this? Dustin Richardson, a Boston Red Sox prospect

What is this? An autograph card from the 2008 Portland Sea Dogs team set

Where'd I get it? I wrote to Richardson c/o his Arizona Fall League team and asked him to sign some cards. I got them back last week.

How much did it cost? This card was a gift from one of my friends, so it was free.

Why is this so special? Dustin Richardson was nice enough to sign a bunch of cards for me, and this is the third of four. I love the horizontal design, and this is a great photo for it.

Richardson did not have a very good year for Portland in 2008. He won 7 and lost 10, finishing the year with a 6.33 ERA. It was his last season as a starting pitcher. In fall ball, he began the switch to the bullpen.

Richardson's autograph is pretty consistent, I think you'd have to say.

No comments: