Friday, February 19, 2010

2008 TriStar Projections Dustin Richardson

Who is this? Dustin Richardson, a Boston Red Sox prospect

What is this? An autograph card from the 2008 TriStar Projections set

Where'd I get it? I wrote to Richardson c/o his Arizona Fall League team and asked him to sign some cards. I got them back last week.

How much did it cost? This card came from a half-price blaster, purchased at the Trenton Thunder gift shop last summer.

Why is this so special? Dustin Richardson was nice enough to sign a bunch of cards for me, and this is the second of four.

In 2008, Tri-Star had the minor league baseball card license, so they were able to produce cards without removing logos. I like the Projections card a little better than the Just Minors one I showed you yesterday. The Just Minors card has a more interesting photo, but the Tri-Star one is seemingly designed to be autographed.

Of the four cards I have signed, this one has the clearest autograph.

No comments: