Thursday, January 21, 2010

2009 Allen & Ginter Cat Osterman


Who is this? Cat Osterman, a two-time Olympic medal-winning softball player

What is this? An autographed card from the 2009 Allen & Ginter set

Where'd I get it? I wrote to Osterman and asked her to sign the card late last year; it took about two months, but I got it back this week.

How much did it cost? Around a dollar, counting postage and the cost of the card.

Why is this so special? Judging by the lack of comments, I'm guessing that anybody who's still visiting is getting tired of various Atlantic League team set cards.

This card is a little bit different. I've never liked the idea of all the random cards that find their way into the Allen & Ginter baseball card set, but softball players are ok. Olympic gold medal-winning softball players are even better. You just can't beat Olympic gold medal winners who are willing to take the time to sign autographs for fans -- even if I can't quite read the autograph.

No comments: