Friday, January 15, 2010

2007 Somerset Patriots Danny Garcia


Who is this?
Danny Garcia, a former second baseman for the New York Mets

What is this? An autographed card from the Somerset Patriots' 2007 team set

Where'd I get it?
I got the card signed before a Somerset Patriots game in 2007

How much did it cost? The card set cost around $5

Why is this so special?
Danny Garica was a hard-nosed, hustling player for the Mets in 2003 and 2004. I think he would have become a fan-favorite if he had just been able to hit a bit better.

Garcia's final professional season was spent playing for the Somerset Patriots in 2007. He led the league with 39 stolen bases and hit .273.

Garcia's autograph is little more than "D G" While this is fine for a baseball card, I managed to track down an 8x10 photo from his Mets days and I was a little disappointed to get the same "initials" autograph on it.

No comments: