Thursday, June 5, 2008

2008 Topps Heritage Freddy Sanchez


Who is this? Pirates second baseman Freddy Sanchez.

What is this? An autograph card from 2008 Topps Heritage, card number ROA-FS.

Where'd I get it? It was a crummy redemption from Topps Heritage.

How much did it cost? 1/24th of a box of Heritage.

Why is this so special? I figured this was a good auto to post on the day I turned on Topps for being a bunch of set-ruining finks. Normally, any autograph from Topps Heritage would be a good one, but this left a bad taste in my mouth. It was a redemption card, it wasn't a vintage autograph, and it was of a player I didn't care much about. Freddy is a decent player and all, it's just that I think "Heritage Autograph" and visions of vintageness dance in my head. Freddy ain't vintage. The signature is pretty weak too, it looks more like someone scribbled Fuji Salz on the card. Blue sharpie on black jersey is also sub-optimal. Oh well, there's some dude in Pittsburgh who'd kick their dog for this card so I should really quit my bellyaching. Hey, random denizen of the Alleghenys, when you're done punting Fido, dig up some Braves cards and make me an offer.

No comments: