Monday, June 23, 2008

2007 Topps Co-Signers Miguel Montero


Who is this? Diamondbacks catcher Miguel Montero.

What is this? An autograph card from 2007 Topps Co-Signers, card number108. The card is serial numbered 017/275.

Where'd I get it? Sports Card Alley.

How much did it cost? Two bucks.

Why is this so special? Three for five dollar autograph cards were back at the flea market this weekend, problem is I had a tough time finding three I wanted. This one was the first one I picked out and it was a no-brainer. I love picking up box hits from premium products for a fraction of the cost of a pack. Miguel is actually in the bigs too, although he's platooning with Chris Snyder at catcher for the snakes. I'd root for Miguel, but he's blocking Robby Hammock out of the majors. Maybe I can pull for Miguel and root against Chris Snyder since I don't think I have one of his autograph cards. Boo Chris! I have no idea what this signature is supposed to say. It looks like hieroglyphics. Loop with a hat, loop with no hat and meathook must mean Miguel Montero in ancient Egyptian. Where's Jean-Francois Champollion when you need him?

No comments: