Sunday, June 8, 2008

2007 TriStar Prospects Plus Nick Noonan

Who is this? Giants draft pick Nick Noonan.

What is this? An autograph card from 2007 Tri-Star Prospects Plus, card number FH-NN.

Where'd I get it? Out of a Tri-Star blaster.

How much did it cost? $3.

Why is this so special? You faithless turncoats thought I wouldn't make it, but I did! Ha! This sucker was posted before midnight so it counts so nyahhh. Nick was the Giants' first round pick last year. He's currently on the A-Ball Augusta GreenJackets playing short and hitting very well. He's also a teammate of everyone's favorite, Madison Bumgarner. A friend of mine went to a few GreenJackets games a few years ago and gave me a wonderfully gaudy tie-dye t-shirt with a hippie insect tripping out on it. I love the shirt but I'm unfortunately too old to wear it without being self-conscious and not old enough to wear it and not give a shit that I look ridiculous. I like the look of these cards, but the signature is a bit scribbly. Nick needs to work on that once he's done in the batting cage. I'm rooting for Nick to make the bigs and be a star for the Giants. I'm a huge fan of Caddyshack and my dream is to go to a major league stadium and heckle some poor player named Noonan. Noooooonan! Nnnnnnoooonan!

No comments: