Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2003 Topps Total Hiram Bocachica



Who is this? Bridgeport Bluefish utility player Hiram Bocachica
What is this? An autographed card from the 2003 Topps Total set
Where'd I get it? Bocachica signed it for me at a Newark Bears game last year.
How much did it cost? I got the card out of a pack in 2003


Why is this so special? This was one of the last baseball cards I got signed in person in 2010.

Bocachica has been playing professional baseball since 1994. He spent parts of 8 seasons in the major leagues and two more in Japan. In 2008, Bocachica hit 20 home runs for the Saitama Seibu Lions and helped them to win the Japan Series.

Last year, he split the season between Bridgeport in the Atlantic League and the Broncos de Reynosa in Mexico. For the Bluefish, he batted .282 with 8 home runs and 32 RBI in 69 games.

Bocachica appears to have just signed his last name on my card, though I can't read his writing well enough to be sure. In 2008, dayf posted a card that Bocachica signed during his first year as a pro... you can tell that his signature changed a lot since then.

1 comment:

Nathan said...

On dayf's card he signs first initial then last name (H. Bocachica). It's looks to me like that's what's on your card as well.