Sunday, June 6, 2010

2008 TriStar Prospects Plus Conor Gillaspie



Who is this? Richmond Flying Squirrels third baseman Conor Gillaspie


What is this? An autographed card from the 2008 TriStar Prospects Plus set

Where'd I get it? I got it signed before today's game between the Flying Squirrels and the Trenton Thunder.

How much did it cost? I got the card out of a clearance blaster double pack, so not much at all.  

Why is this so special? Conor Gillaspie was the San Francisco Giants' first round draft pick in 2008. Later that year, he made a brief appearance in the major leagues. He got his first ML hit off of Dan Haren.

Gillaspie spent last season with the San Jose Giants in the California League, and this year he's in AA with the Richmond Flying Squirrels. He's struggling a bit, but he did have two hits in the game today.

Gillaspie has a nice signature, even though he did have to shorten it to fit on the baseball card.

2 comments:

zman40 said...

Nice one. I enjoyed watching him play in college at Wichita State.

Peterson said...

I felt like he was a little inexperienced at the start of the season (and that may be true)but he is definitely growing on me. Neal and Crawford are pretty talented parts of the lineup too, and if you didn't see Daryl Maday pitch, hope he starts next time in trenton. The guy has some stuff. If you are ever in Richmond, drop me a line, I go to a lot of squirrels games and also collect autos...