Monday, November 30, 2009

1997 Leaf Signature Series Mike Maddux


Who is this? Mike Maddux, former pitcher for the Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Dodgers, San Diego Padres, New York Mets, Pittsburgh Pirates, Boston Red Sox, Seattle Mariners, Montreal Expos and Houston Astros

What is this? An autographed card from the 1997 Leaf Signature Series

Where'd I get it? This month's baseball card show

How much did it cost? $1

Why is this so special? This is the last of the Leaf Signature Series cards I picked up at this month's card show. So I won't have any more to post unless I find another group of them next month. :)

Mike Maddux is the elder brother of future Hall-of-Famer Greg Maddux. He spent parts of 15 seasons in the big leagues, finishing with a 39-37 lifetime record and a 4.05 ERA. After he retired as a player, Maddux went into coaching. He is now the pitching coach for the Texas Rangers.

As I noted yesterday, the Leaf Signature Series cards are well-designed to showcase the players' autographs.

1 comment:

soxbigdog said...

Just a side note.. this is the only card ever made (that I can find) of Mike Maddux in a Red Sox uniform ... I'm a Red Sox collector